What is an Anchor Text (Part 1)

If you a are blogger than you definitely heard a term “Anchor Text”. It effects SEO a lot and if we use “Anchor Text” in a wrong way than all of our SEO activities goes vain.

What Really Anchor Text Is ?

Anchor text is simply a visible and clickable text in a link.
Here’s how it looks like in HTML format:

In modern browsers, it is often blue and underlined, such as this link to our homepage.

But it doesn’t means that you can’t change the color, it is easily be done by using HTML and CSS.

Why Anchor Text Really Matter?
As long as “backlinks” matters than “Anchor Text”. Before Penguin update in 2012, anchor text was one of the easiest ways for the Google to understand the relevancy of any given website.

But now a days, it is one of best way for the Google to penalize spam and over-optimization :wink:.

If you are thinking that because all of this “Anchor Text” is becoming meaningless, than you are completely on a wrong track.

As I mentioned above Anchor Text are as much important as much Backlinks. And we all really know the power of Backlinks, but we are not going to talk about Backlink here.

Here, I am really exciting in telling you that Anchor Text is even more powerful these days than ever before if we use it in a proper way and I will share with how you should use Anchor Text for getting maximum profit.

I will continue this topic in another thread.