Exploring WordPress. A Guide To Understand How To Create A Beautiful Website Using WordPress. Part 1

Are you new in the field of website designing or have experienced in this field. This post is going to help you a lot in gaining lot of knowledge about WordPress.

I am going to explore a lot more about wordpress here but instead of sharing everything in a single post, I am going to share it in many part and this is part 1 of exploring wordpress.

What are things I am going to explore in this whole series -
This is just a little intro, exploring things will change a lot according to time and when I reached there.
As we all know technology are updating on daily basis and it’s hard to tell what will work tomorrow.

Some Basic Of WordPress We Will Cover In This Series Are -

• What is WordPress?
  • WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org
  • Exploring WordPress DashBoard
  • Using The WordPress Admin Bar
  • Exploring WordPress Settings
  • Difference b/w WordPress Posts vs. Pages
  • How To Create A WordPress Post
  • How to add links in WordPress
  • How to add images in Posts & Pages
  • How to use WordPress Media Library
  • Different Formatting Of WordPress Posts
  • How to schedule WordPress posts
  • What are Categories and Tags In WordPress Website.
  • How To Create a Better WordPress page
  • How to apply a WordPress Page Template
  • What are WordPress Plugins and How We can install and use them
  • What is WordPress themes and how we can install them easily
  • How to use WordPress Widgets section effectively
  • How to create custom menu
  • How to create users in WordPress
  • How effective wordpress is for SEO
  • WordPress Security
  • How to create an affiliate store
  • How to create a business website
  • Many More

What is WordPress

WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool written in PHP. But it is probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.

Difference b/w WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

If you are totally new to WordPress, you may be surprised about thinking that what is the real difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.

Question in your mind might be if Both looks same then how both are different from each other?

One of the major difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org is that who really is hosting your website. Means You Own Or WordPress

With WordPress.org, you host your own website. WordPress.org is the place from where you can find free and premium theme and plugin for your website. You need to pay for domain name and hosting for installing software on your own server.

WordPress.com, on the other hand, takes care of all of the hosting for you.It means you need not to download softwares, and no need to pay for domain and hosting.

Pros and Cons of WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

Both WordPress.org and WordPress.com have pros and cons, depending on what is your needs.

If you are not able to pay for your own hosting and managing your own web server, you’ll probably want to use WordPress.com

WordPress.com is free and easy to set up and there will be lot more options for customizing your website.

Yet WordPress.com is free to set up still they do offer several premium upgrades.

These upgrades includes domain name registration (if you are not feeling well with WordPress.com in your domain name) and also the ability to upload videos.

Upgrades also provide you the option of using premium themes.

But using the downloaded version of WordPress from WordPress.org, gives you more control and flexibility on your website means you can edit and create your website in any way you want. This type flexibility was missing in WordPress.com.

But it also means that you have much more responsibility.

You need to upload and install themes and plugins on your hosting or server. It will give you the access to edit the website code according to the need and also have the access to website’s database.

In Second Part, We will go through WordPress Admin dashboard, it’s functions and it’s different settings.

How you like this first part

Exploring WordPress. Difference Between Posts And Pages In WordPress. Part 2

It’s very useful tips

Frankly speaking, earlier before reading this article i didn’t know about WordPress. org. Through this article now i some what know about it.