What I am going to cover in this topic?
- Researching Keywords - Keyword Planner
- Keyword Match Type
- Ad text - Limitation and Policies
- Landing Page
- Conversion Tracking- Intro
- Bidding With In Budget
- Managing Adword Campaign
- Google Search Network and Google Display network campaign Creation and Management
- How you can measure ad performance and optimize campaign.
- What are the benefits of using Online Advertising and Adwords.
- Many More
Let’s start With What is Adword and Why everyone need to use it for growing their business.
Adword is the advertising platform created by Google where advertisers (Companies) can grow their visibility throughout the world. Google is most trusted company all around the world.
There are many other platform than why use Adword
Yes, it’s right. There are plenty of platform through which you can advertise and increase your brand awareness and social media is one of them.
Advertising on Facebook is much cheaper than Adword but conversion ratio is high on Google as compared to Facebook. It’s all because people use facebook not to buy but for fun, for sharing and liking their friends photo’s and other staff.
But, On Google, there is the high possibility that user coming on website can convert at a time or in future.
But, that doesn’t mean we should avoid social media. Social media help us in building a community and trust which is very helpful in long term.
Google Keyword Planner
By clicking the Tools option in Your Adword Account, You will find the option of Keyword Planner. Just Click on that for visiting “Keyword planner” Area.
What Are Ways Of Finding Keyword
- Look at your website
- Look at your’s competitor website.
- Ask your targeted audience.
- Ask you employees and stack holder
What are the benefits of using Keyword Planner and Why we should use it.
Ok. Well, Keyword Planner gives us idea about which keyword our competitors are using and also what is the maximum bid for that keyword.
And that maximum bid helps us in finding out how much we need to spend for gaining customers.
Their are many bidding options like CPC, CPV, CPA, CPV etc. We will talked all about these in details later. Currently, Let’s go ahead with Keyword planner.
What are the other benefits of using Keyword planner
- Competition – It gives us idea about the number of advertisers bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google for the location and targeting set.
- Average Monthly Searches – It tells us about 12-month average of the number of searches on Google for each keywords with your selected targeting options.
- Last but not least is Bidding - It tells us the approximate cost-per-click(CPC) we need to pay if we want to bid on that keyword.
What are the type of Keyword Match
There are many types of keyword match like Broad, Phrase, Exact, Broad Match Modifier, Negative
What are these keyword match and how they effect our adversing on Adword.
- Broad - Synonyms, misspellings, variations (colour, location, sizes, brand names,words like best, cheap, online, discount, sale etc.), singulars, plurals. All these things will affect our ads means all these will affect for what keyword our ads will be shown.
Example - Let’s say our main Broad Keyword is “Women’s Hats”.
Than keywords for those ads shown will be of - women’s hats, hats for women, ladies hats, womens caps,red hat for ladies, buy hats for ladies etc.
Phrase - Phrase order has to remain intact, no words can be inserted in the middle. Suffixes and
prefixes allowed. Only variations to the phrase allowed are singulars, plurals and misspellings.
Exact - No prefixes, suffixes, cannot insert any words in the middle. Only allowance is singulars,
plurals and misspellings.
Broad Match Modifier - Very similar to broad match but the only exception here is the word (s) with + sign before them are compulsory and must be present in the search query for your ad to trigger.
Negative Keywords - Negate only single word keywords as a rule. If you wish to negate a phrase, use phrase match with the - sign. If you wish to negate an exact phrase, use exact match with the -sign.
- Remember to negate only single word keywords
- Negating more than one word keywords can sometimes have disastrous consequences. If you negate movie tickets, both ‘tickets’ and ‘movie’ related words may get negated. Instead, just negate -ticket, -tickets.
- Look for negatives while doing keyword research with the Keyword Planner.
How To Write Better Ads
What are the things we should avoid in ads
- No unnecessary capitalisation (FREE, NOW) Exception: ™, Acronyms
- No repetition
- No grammar and spelling violations
- Only one exclamation mark in the body, none in the headline
- No shortcut SMS language (just 4 u)
- No nonsense characters (&^%$)
- No trademark and copyright violations
- No false claims. Any claims must be verified on the landing page
- Avoid using superlatives unless you can verify them
- Do not use “click here” in your ad text
- No policy violations (per geography, illegal content etc)
- Standard text ads stopped working after October 2016, Now only Expanded Text Ads (ETA) are allowed.
What are the things, we should include in ads.
- Call to action phrases: Buy Now, Download Here, Enrol Now, Subscribe Here.
- Unique selling points(USP): Free shipping, COD Available, 24/7 Customer Support, Earn Redeemable Buyer Points
- Create a sense of urgency and fear of missing out(FOMO ): Offer Ending Now, Two-Day Mega Sale
- Use your own keywords in your ad texts in all ad groups to create relevance and get the ad text highlighted
- Use Dynamic Keyword Insertion to dynamically insert your keywords into your ads when users search for your keywords.
- Push discounts, sales, coupon codes and offers
- Use ad extensions to add more relevance and push up quality score
- Mention awards and recognitions that you can verify
Landing page plays an important role in converting visitors into customers. We need to give a special attention on our landing page.
How effective we use ads, how targeted our ads are. All will be waste if our lading page is not properly optimized.
Things we should remember while creating a landing page
- ROTN: Relevant, Original, Transparent, Navigable (fast)
- Follow all Ad Policies
- Ensure that your website is mobile responsive
- Check for your Landing Page Score on Google’s Page Speed Insights
We Should Include Things In Proper Order On Our Landing Page.
Take a look at this image thrice. It is the best example of creating a landing page.
Creating And Choosing Campaign
Choosing a campaign type
When we are ready to setup Adword Campaign, we’ll need to choose campaign type and a campaign sub-type.
Choosing campaign type will decide where our ads will show to customers on Google’s advertising networks and in what type of format those ads will be like text or video.
Most commonly used campaign types are : Search Network Only, Display Network Only and Search Network With Display Select.
Search Network Only
If we create a Search Network Only campaign, our ads can appear throughout sites on the Google Search Network.
This campaign type works by linking our Adwords keywords to the words or phrases someone uses to search on Google.
This type of campaign is useful for those advertisers who want to connect with customers right when they are searching their products.
For Example - A small home repair business that earns most of its revenue from plumbing repairs might create a “Search Network Only” campaign to target its ads to high-potential customers searching for plumbing services.
Display Network Only
If we create a “Display Network Only” campaign, our ads will run throughout the Google Display Network.
This campaign type works by matching our ads - including text, image, rich media and video ads- to websites and other placements, like YouTube and Mobile apps with content related to your targeting.
This type of campaign is useful for those advertisers who want increase awareness of their products.
For Example - You have jewelry store, wanting to increase awareness of the engagement rings you sell.
With a “Display Network Only” campaign, you can reach people visiting wedding-related sites, such as blogs about wedding planning.
Search Network With Display Select
This type of campaign allows us to show our ads- including text, image, rich media and video ads with search results on the Google Search Network and relevant placements within Display Networks.
With this option, our budget will be shared across both network.
Example - If you’re a newer advertiser wanting to promote your car repair service. You might create a “Search Network With Display Select” campaign to reach people in more places who are seeking your services, whether they’re looking on Google Search or checking out a car service review site.
When we create any of the above campaign types, we’ll also need to choose a more specific campaign sub-type; the most common are the “Standard” or “All Features” Sub-types.
Why We Should Choose the “Standard” or “All Feature” sub-types:
Standard - If we prefer a simple overview of our campaign and feature options, we should use “Standard”. With “Standard” campaign, we can use basic location and language targeting, bidding and budget settings and common ad extension.
All Features - In “All Feature” sub-type, we’ll be able to use more advance options, such as social and experimental settings, ad scheduling and ad delivery methods, and advanced location options.
More Specialized Campaign Sub-types, we can use to reach more potential customers.
Remarketing - Show text, image or video ads to people who already visited to our website when they browse other sites on the Display Network.
Ads in mobile apps - Reach the growing audience of people using mobile phones and tablets by showing our ads in apps. Our adds will get matched to apps through display network.
Structuring The Campaign
Before we begin creating our campaign, it’s important to learn how Adword is structured.
A well organized account can help us in creating effective campaign that target the right audience and ultimately, help us to reach more of our advertising goals.
Adwords is organized into three layers: account, campaign, ad groups.
- Account - Our account is associated with a unique email address, password, and billing information.
- Campaigns - Each campaign in Our account has its own budget and settings that determine where Our ads appear.
- Ad Groups - Each ad group within a campaign contains a set of similar ads and keywords that we want to trigger Our ads to show.
What we can control at the campaign level?
- How much you’re willing to spend on clicks, impressions, or conversions from your ads
- Networks and geographical locations where you want your ads to show
- Other top-level settings that affect your ad groups.
We already discussed about it above like keyword planner, ads type, campaign sub-type.
Bidding Strategy And Budget
In Adwords, there are different types of business and campaign to meet our Goal.
But, firstly we need to figure out, what our main goal is.
Your Goal Can Be Any Of The Following Type
Increase Brand Awareness -If you need to increase your brand awareness, then you should focus on getting more and more impression. For this purpose, you should choose CPM(Cost per thousand viewable impression) method. Through this method you will be able to put your brand in front of your customers.
Generating Traffic - Here, your main goal is driving traffic to your website website. For this purpose CPC bidding is the right method to choose.
Nurturing Leads - In this case, you can’t focus only on impression and clicks, but you also need to focus on engagement and conversion. For this purpose, you can use “Enhanced CPC” method.
For increasing Views or Interactions With Your Ads - This is the case when you want to sell product through video ads and for achieving this purposes you can use CPV bidding method.
Driving Conversion - If you main goal focused on driving conversion then for this achieving this purpose you should use CPA bidding.
Bidding Strategy Options Adword Provide Us To Optimize Campaign
Manual CPC Bidding
This is the best option to optimize the bids because it gives us the maximum or full control over our bids.
With Manual CPC Bidding, we are able to set up maximum price on the cost of someone clicking on our ads.
Here, we can also setup different bid for different ad-groups or can setup different CPC for every keyword manually.
This type of bidding is very helpful for those advertisers who want full control over the budget and want to make sure that they are not spending more than they decided.
Automatic Cost Per Click
This type of bidding strategy allows Google the control to adjust bids.
It helps you to get most clicks within your daily budget for most of the campaign.
This us the automatic bidding strategy set by Google to get you as many clicks as possible with in your budget.
This is the best bidding method to choose if your main goal is driving traffic to your website.
This strategy will increase the volume of clicks within your budget.
But during this, you also need to keep your eye on the campaign. Because sometime this type of bidding strategy could lead to lower quality of clicks. And Lower quality of clicks leads to lower quality of conversion.
This type of bidding strategy will help you to get more and maximum conversion through manual bidding.
Google will automatically adjust your manual bids for clicks that had the potential of getting converted into sales or lead.
This strategy is useful when you want to optimize your bids and also want to control over your bids.
In this case, Google will automatically increase bid by 50% for most effective keyword and lowering the bids by 100% for under-performs keywords.
Target CPA is a smart bidding strategy in Adword. It helps is setting up bids to get as many conversion as possible at the Target CPA.
When you implement this strategy for the first time, Adwords offer a suggestion to avoid all of your confusions regarding the Target CPA.
Target ROAS(Return on Ad Spend)
This Strategy is also a part of Adwords smart bidding strategy.
Target ROAS is the strategy designed by Google to help advertisers in delivering a certain amount of revenue over your advertising cost.
This bidding strategy is very useful if you want to increase the conversion value while targeting a specific.
In this type of strategy, Google automatically sets the bids to help you get the most conversion from your campaign while spending your budget.
Maximize Conversion strategy does not work with a shared budget.
Cost Per View Bidding
This is best option if you want to promote your product through video ads. Video coverts more, that’s why it is always suggested that you should put your product video on landing page.
With CPV, you will have to pay for video view and other video interactions like the clicks on the call-to-Actions.
A view is counted when someone watches your video ad for 30 seconds or interacts with your ad.
Cost Per Thousand Impression Bidding (CPM)
With CPM bidding, you bid for your ads that are based on how often it appears on a viewable on the Google Display Network.
The higher your max viewable CPM, the greater the chance that your ad will appear.
This is a manually bidding strategy that you can use if your campaign goal is to increase brand awareness.
Target Search Page Location
This is a type of automated bidding strategy that automates bidding across multiple campaign, ad groups and keywords to show your ad on the first page of Google Search Results.
This bidding strategy actually focuses on brand awareness.
In Target Search page Location, You get two options.
- Top of the first page result
- Anywhere on the first page result
Target Outranking Share
Use this strategy to outrank a competitor and grab more clicks.
It is important to understand here that this strategy doesn’t necessarily improve your overall ad rank; it only works to help you improve your rank in comparison to your competitor domain.
Their are many more things still remaining, I will update more soon.